Monday 11 December 2006

The power of WWW @ 12-12-06

After much reading and research for the module IOCT, I have found myself delving into search engines like never before. I was creating a new address list so that I can send out my Christmas cards (yes I know it is already the 12th and I have not written a single one yet!) and realised that somewhere along the way (important lesson here) I had mislaid the disc that I saved my names and addresses on from my old PC. I found a scappy old print out from way back and managed to type a new list in Excel so that I can merge some labels and I lo and behold there were some addresses that I knew were not up to date. At 4am this morning I awoke with a
Image in my head.........And there it was the realisation the by chance I could type in a name to find the person I was looking for! and there she was and old freind and her website for handmade lampshades. So all in all a good nights work and also an insight into the beautiful things that she creates, always knew what she did, but had never had a look! http://www.bay-design.co.uk (just in case you are interested)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Hi Jo, Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. Looks as though you're doing just fine with your weblog. Good luck with module 2. I'm an ICT teacher and develop webpages so if you need any help just drop me a line.